Hello and welcome. We are excited to have you here.
This guide is designed to propel you to a great start in the GoodDollar community. We welcome any feedback and look forward to connecting with you.
What is GoodDollar?
We are a 100 per cent non-profit, open-source payment network, and we are launching a cryptocurrency (GoodDollar) with built-in universal basic income (UBI).
What is UBI and how does GoodDollar embrace it?
The idea is to provide a guaranteed income, for anyone. It’s a revolutionary economic concept whereby every individual is granted a fixed, minimum wage to cover basic needs. We embrace this, and aim to provide users with G$1 (one GoodDollar) every day, forever.
A world without poverty. A world where financial freedom serves as a spark for global prosperity.
A world where smart people are given a fair chance to succeed even if they were born without the means to achieve it. A world where basic necessities do not stand in the way of us having the freedom to explore and improve our lives. A world that, for all our sakes, benefits the many and not just the few.
Where we are now
Since it was introduced in November 2018 at Web Summit in Lisbon, GoodDollar has come a long way:
- Nov 2018 | Hosted our first community event, in Berlin, titled OpenUBI in the Crypto Age.
- Dec 2018 | Formed the OpenUBI ecosystem to encourage collaboration and discussion around UBI and its technological implementation.
- Mar 2019 | Hosted the world’s first UBI Hackathon Hackinequality to reduce global wealth inequality using decentralised technology
- Apr 2019 | First blockchain-based project to feature at UBI-Nordic 2019, for the international Basic Income Earth Network (BIEN) event.
- May 2019 | Launched Alpha V1 including an access point wallet DApp, daily UBI distribution, identity verification and blockchain prototype over Fuse.
- Jun 2019 | Launched the GoodDollar Community website, an element of which is GoodDollar Forum, a microsite for developers in the ecosystem.
- Jun 2019 | Launched Alpha V2 after community feedback, a design overhaul and implementation of our “One GoodDollar a day” experiment
- Sep 2019 | GoodDollar officially become a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee (LBG) in the United Kingdom
- Nov 2019 | Launch a closed beta including the GoodDollar coin, a UBI wallet and a marketplace in collaboration with our friends at Paperclip