Last Updated: July 6, 2020
Please read these Terms carefully before using our Website or Services. By using our Website or Services, you indicate that you accept these Terms and agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to any of these Terms, please refrain from using our Website or Services.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our Services are provided by GoodDollar Limited, a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, registered in the United Kingdom, registration number 12020199, having its registered office at 9/30 Fitzroy Square, London, United Kingdom (“GoodDollar” “We“, “Our“, “Us“).
2. AGE RESTRICTION
By using our Services, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 years of age or older, you must not access our website or use any of our Services.
3. GOODDOLLAR’S VISION
GoodDollar vision is to allows sustainable income and financial literacy to the people who need it the most. GoodDollar mission is to develop a new a blockchain-based internet platform, and protocol for generating and distributing universal basic income (“UBI“), in a form of free GoodDollar tokens periodical grant (“GoodDollar Token” or “GD Token”). We intend to achieve this through smart contracts coded and deployed to the Fuse blockchain which is a sidechain of the Ethereum network (“Fuse“), in order to facilitate the issuance, holding and transfer of GD Tokens.
The UBI will be distributed to users by allowing them to claim GD Tokens periodically, after they have verified their unique identity using an identity verification software, via the Service.
4. GOODDOLLAR DEMO TEST VERSION
In order to enable users to experience, test and provide feedback on GoodDollar’s Services before the launch of the live version, we currently allow users to subscribe to a limited-features demo-test version, open a GoodDollar Account and Wallet and apply for GD Test Tokens (this action is entitled “Claim“/Claiming“). Your license to use the Account is limited in time and shall expire upon release of the live version, or at any time sooner, at our sole and absolute discretion.
During the demo-test period, you may be entitled to Claim and receive GD Test Token through your Account and receive them to your Wallet. Such GD Test Tokens will have no utility, value, market and purpose, other than to enable you to experience our Services and to enable us improve our Services for the live version’s launch. Further, in using your Account, you may not be able to withdraw your GD Test Tokens, or send them to any wallet outside the GoodDollar users network . Any GD Test Token that you may be granted during the Account period, shall be disconnected from the App and Wallet or destroyed, or locked by us, at the time we bring the demo-test version offline – regardless of whether or not a live version is launched.
5. OUR SERVICES
5.1. Signing up to our Services
GoodDollar aims to provide its users with a UBI in a form of GD Token, and to that end, it needs to enforce a one-user one-account policy. Therefore, only signed and verified users may be able to receive GD Tokens and/or GD Test Tokens through GoodDollar system. In order for you to participate in the GoodDollar scheme and claim the tokens, you must, through our website, subscribe to our Apps, which contains a compatible self-custody wallet. The use of our application is free of charge and no funds or other form of payment is required in exchange for the GD Tokens and/or GD Test Tokens UBI grant.
5.2. No contractual relationship and rights
By granting you free GD Tokens and/or GD Test Tokens, GoodDollar does not be establish any form of contractual relationship with you in connection with such tokens. GoodDollar does not grant you any right or claim whatsoever against GoodDollar and/or its affiliates, nor does it entitle you to receive any kind of payment or benefit, including a right to use or redeem the tokens at any time.
5.3. Issuance of tokens
GD Test Tokens will be issued and distributed to your wallet address through an automated smart-contract coded on the Fuse blockchain, or any other blockchain network we deem fit. Following the approval of your GoodDollar account and/or Account by us, you may be entitled to make periodical Claims of your GD Test Tokens via our Application, and receive the GD Test Tokens through the smart-contract to your GoodDollar Wallet.
5.4. Compliance with tax obligations
You are solely responsible to determine what, if any, taxes apply to your GoodDollar Tokens and/or GD Test Tokens. We are not responsible for determining the taxes that apply to your transactions. You represent that you will comply with any applicable tax obligations in your jurisdiction arising from your use of our Services.
5.5. Prohibited uses
- use the website, our Services or receive GoodDollar Tokens and/or GD Test Tokens, unless you are legally permitted to hold GoodDollar tokens under the applicable law of your jurisdiction.
- use the Website or Services if you are not 18 years of age or older.
- use the Website or our Services in any way that violates any applicable law, including any federal, state, local or international law or regulation;
- use the Website or our Services in any manner that could impair, disable, overburden, damage, or interfere with any other party’s use of the website or Service;
- send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material in breach of these terms;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the website or Services, the server on which the website and Service is stored, or any connected server, computer or database, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or Services;
- use any manual process, any robot or other automatic device, process or means to access the website or Service for any purpose other than as permitted under these terms; or
- use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the website or our Services, or engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use of the website or our Services.
5.6. Geographic restrictions
Due to the regulatory uncertainty in the US market we advise that all US person read carefully the following announcement:
NO U.S. PERSONS MAY USE THE SERVICES OR SUBSCRIBE TO THE SERVICES AND THE demo-TEST VERSION. By using the Services, you represent that you are not a U.S. Person (as defined in Regulation S promulgated under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended), and you are not using the Services for the account or benefit of a U.S. Person.
You represent and warrant that you are not a citizen of a nation or geographic area in which access to or use of the Website and/or Services is prohibited by applicable law, decree, regulation, treaty, or administrative act.
We do not provide the Services in a country or territory that is, or whose government is, the subject of sanctions by the US Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, the US Department of State, the United Nations Security Council, the European Union, Her Majesty’s Treasury or any other relevant sanctions authorities, including (but not limited to) Belarus, Burma (Myanmar), Central African Republic, the Crimea region, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Mali, North Korea, South Sudan, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen or Zimbabwe (as amended from time to time).
You represent and warrant that your use of the Services complies with applicable law and/or regulation in your jurisdiction, including, but not limited to, (i) legal capacity and any other applicable legal requirements (ii) any foreign exchange or regulatory restrictions applicable to such participation, and (iii) any governmental or other consents that may need to be obtained. You further represent that you are not a citizen or resident of, or located in, a nation or geographic area that is subject to any sovereign country sanctions or embargoes, or an individual, entity or an individual employed by or associated with an entity, identified on any denied persons or entity lists, specially designated nationals or blocked persons lists, or the debarred parties’ lists.
6. TEST TOKENS SPECIFIC TERMS
GoodDollar’s Test Tokens have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for fiat currencies, cryptocurrencies and goods. You shall not attach any value to GD Test Tokens and you are prohibited from using GD Test Tokens for any purposes other than to access and use the GoodDollar’s demo-test software. Without limitation, you must not, and must not permit any person to, trade GD Test Tokens with any third party for any purpose, make GD Test Tokens available for trade on any cryptocurrency exchange, offer GD Test Tokens for rent, lease, sale, or trade in any manner, or attempt to do any of the foregoing.
We may from time to time add, modify, or remove any feature, functionality, or usability of the GD Test Token.
7. ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICES
Access to our website and Service is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our website or Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all parts of our website or Service.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website and Service.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and our Service, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. We have open sourced most of our IP through an open source license, please visit: https://github.com/GoodDollar to find our open sourced development.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
9. RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
GoodDollar takes no representation or warranty, express or implied, to the extent not prohibited by applicable law, regarding the advisability of investing in securities, funds, commodity interests, partnership interests or other investments or funding or purchasing loans. The past performance of any investment, loan, security, partnership interest, commodity or financial instrument is not a guide to future performance. GoodDollar does not offer fiduciary services and is not your agent, advisor or fiduciary.
10. OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICES CHANGE REGULARLY
We aim to update our website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our website or our Services or close it indefinitely in our sole discretion without notice. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
11. OUR LIABILITY
Whilst we take every reasonable precaution and care in relation to our website and Services, our website and Services are provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all conditions, warranties whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for particular purpose, and any other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
In particular, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may affect your mobile phone, computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or Services, GoodDollars obtained through our Services.
We accept no liability for any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from, whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable:
- mistakes made by the user of our website, Services, or any Ethereum-related software or service, including forgotten passwords, accidental deletion of wallets, or payments sent to wrong Ethereum addresses;
- software problems of our website, Services and/or any Ethereum-related software or service, including corrupted wallet files, incorrectly constructed transactions, unsafe cryptographic libraries, malware affecting the website, Services and/or any Ethereum-related software or service;
- technical failures in the hardware or security problems experienced of the user of our Services or any Ethereum-related software or service, including data loss due to a faulty or damaged storage device, unauthorized access to users’ wallets and/or accounts;
- actions or inactions of third parties and/or events experienced by third parties, including bankruptcy of service providers, information security attacks on service providers, and fraud conducted by third parties; or
- events, circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control (force majeure).
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, our total aggregate liability to you for all and any damages, losses or causes of action arising, by reason of or in connection with your use of our site, shall be limited to £100.
13. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
14. UPLOADING MATERIAL
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload a picture or other material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in these terms. You may not upload content that is in breach of these terms or applicable law, including any content that::
- is copyrighted by a third-party.
- violates any law or regulation.
- contains or depicts nudity, is sexually explicit, or advertises erotic services. This includes pornographic content and content that promotes escort services, erotic massage, fetish fulfillment, or strip clubs.
- promotes seduction coaching or pickup artist (PUA) techniques.
- promotes or depicts violence in a gratuitous and non-fictional manner (including but not limited to; war footage, animal cruelty, self-harm, or gore).
- promotes terrorist organizations, whether or not violence is depicted.
- incites hatred or displays a demeaning attitude toward a group based on age, disability, ethnicity, religion, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
15. ACCOUNT ACCESS
In order to ensure that we are able to provide high-quality services that are responsive to our users’ needs, you agree that we may keep a backup of your wallet pass phrase as reasonably needed.
16. MERGER OR ACQUISITION
In order to ensure a smooth transition of services relative to your subscription, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or the sale of an individual website owned by us, we may transfer your personal data to a third party as a part of such merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale. In any such case, we will provide an opportunity to opt-out of such data merger before such event will take place.
17. VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our website or Service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website or Service, the server on which our website or Service is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website or Service. You must not attack our website or Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website or our Service will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
18. LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our website other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected]
19. LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
20. No Financial Services or Advice; No Fiduciary duty
The information and any materials contained in the Websites or Services should not be considered as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell financial instruments, provide financial advice, create a trading platform, facilitate or take deposits or provide any other financial services of any kind in any jurisdiction.
The information contained on or in the Websites and Services is not intended to provide and should not be construed as advice of any kind. You shall not use the Websites and Services as a substitute for independent investigations and competent financial judgement and you should obtain appropriate professional advice when necessary. It does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs.
GoodDollar has no fiduciary duty to you. You agree and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for conducting a full and diligent review of any and all legal, accounting, regulatory or tax related implications that may result from your use of the Services. We recommend that you consult with a licensed legal and financial professional prior to accessing the Website or using the Services.
21. RISK FACTORS
User understands and accepts the risks in connection with the use of the Services and/or ownership of GoodDollar Tokens and/or GD Test Tokens, including but not limited to the risks set forth hereinafter:
▪ Risk of software weaknesses: User understands and accepts that the underlying software is still in development stage and unproven, that there is no warranty that the process for receipt, use and ownership of GoodDollar Tokens will be uninterrupted or error-free and that there is an inherent risk that the software and related technologies could contain weaknesses, vulnerabilities or bugs causing, inter alia, the complete loss of your GoodDollar Tokens.
▪ Regulatory risk: User understands and accepts that blockchain technology allows new forms of interaction and that it is possible that certain jurisdictions will apply existing regulations on, or introduce new regulations addressing, blockchain technology-based applications, which may be contrary to the current setup of GoodDollar and which may, inter alia, result in substantial modifications of the GoodDollar model, including its termination and the loss of GoodDollar Tokens.
▪ Risk of abandonment: User understands and accepts that the distribution and the development of the GoodDollar platform may be abandoned for a number of reasons, including lack of interest from the public and lack of funding.
▪ Risk of loss of private key: GoodDollar Wallet and tokens may only be accessed using your private credentials and/or private key that corresponds to the address at which it is stored. User understands and accepts that if his private key is lost or stolen, the GoodDollar Tokens stored on his Wallet will be unrecoverable and permanently lost.
▪ Risk of theft: User understands and accepts that GoodDollar’s underlying software or the blockchain network on which GoodDollar Token is based on, may be exposed to attacks by hackers that could result in theft or loss of his Tokens.
22. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a use of our Website and/or Services.
23. TRADE MARKS
“GoodDollar” is a registered trade-mark of eToro Group Ltd. The GoodDollar trademark is registered in various jurisdictions, including the UK and EU.
Data Protection Policy and Cookies Policy
April 1, 2020
GoodDollar Personal Data Protection Policy and Cookies Policy
GoodDollar Ltd. is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, located at 30-36 Pritchards Rd., London, United Kingdom, E2 9AP, and incorporated under the laws of England and Wales.
This Data Protection Policy (hereinafter, “Policy”) applies to all activities of GoodDollar Ltd. (hereinafter, “GoodDollar” or “we”) with respect to the protection of personal data that GoodDollar collects, processes and stores in the course of its activities, including through its websites (GoodDollar.org and its subdomains), widgets, mobile applications, and any other electronic interfaces with data subjects (hereinafter, “Websites”). For any questions regarding this Policy and the collection, processing or use of personal data relating to you (as explained below) please contact us via our Data Protection Officer at this email address: [email protected].
The language of this Policy is intended to be gender-neutral.
1. General principles
1.2. Your personal data is collected and stored lawfully, fairly and transparently by GoodDollar. In processing your data, we act in good faith, in a proportionate manner, and with the appropriate technical and organizational measures; and to mitigate the risks represented by the processing of the data.
1.3. Please be aware that the collection, processing and use of your personal data may, in the course of GoodDollar’s ongoing activities, be carried out by external data processors or joint controllers on our behalf. Within the framework of our contracts with such external processors, we inform them of the requirement to duly comply with relevant legal data protection rules and legislation applicable to the services they provide to us, and make reasonable efforts to communicate any changes to them with respect to such rules and legislation.
1.4. We may revise this Policy from time to time, and such changes shall come into effect from the moment we notify you of such changes and/or updates, either through the Websites or in some other reasonable manner.
1.5. For data subjects of the European Union, your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are safeguarded by GoodDollar in accordance with the principles detailed below. Any questions regarding GDPR-related rights may be referred to us via the email address: [email protected] .
2. Data Subject Rights
The rights detailed below are subject to the applicable law that determines your status as a data subject in the jurisdiction in which you are located. Depending on the applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal data that we process. For any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
2.1. Consent: For data subjects for which processing by explicit consent is relevant, we will only process personal data if you have consented to such processing, unless we are otherwise legally authorized or obliged to collect and further process personal data relating to you; and data will be processed solely based on your informed consent, used only for the purposes stated in the consent procedure (for example, in order to send GoodDollar updates, newsletters, and the like), and within the scope outlined below.
2.2. Withdrawal of consent – You may revoke or withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us directly via the email address [email protected]. Upon receipt of your request, and subject to applicable laws, we will delete your data unless we are legally obliged or authorized to retain it and your consent to its processing, including for ongoing legitimate business interests of GoodDollar. Withdrawal of your consent shall not have any influence over the legality of processing of your personal data carried out prior to said withdrawal.
2.3. Minimization of data processing – We process and store a minimum of your personal data, only as needed for providing GoodDollar services to you.
2.4. The “right to be forgotten” – Subject to any relevant laws, including tax laws, you may also request the erasure of all or part of your personal data held by GoodDollar. Upon receiving your request via the email address [email protected], we will remove your personal data from all of our records, as soon as reasonably possible and when technically feasible, unless there is an overriding legal interest or other legal basis for the continuation of the data processing. Please understand that in the event of deletion of personal data upon your request, GoodDollar may not be able to further provide services via the Websites, in whole or in part. In requesting data deletion, you irrevocably agree and waive any claim against GoodDollar’s inability to provide said services, or any interruption or malfunction resulting therefrom. Note that your request for deletion may also be rejected by GoodDollar due to a lack of sufficient relevant information provided by you.
2.5. The “right to data correction” – You may also request the correction of all or part of your personal data held by GoodDollar. Upon receiving your request via the email address [email protected] we will correct your personal data, as soon as reasonably possible and when technically feasible, unless there is an overriding legal interest or other legal basis for the continuation of the data processing. In requesting data correction, you irrevocably agree and waive any claim against GoodDollar’s inability to provide said services, or any interruption or malfunction resulting therefrom. Note that your request for correction may also be rejected by GoodDollar for lack of sufficient and/or relevant information provided by you.
2.6. Transparency and portability of personal data – You are entitled to ask GoodDollar for information about the type of personal data about you that we process. You may also be entitled to obtain it in a commonly-used and machine-readable form, subject to technical feasibility and lawfulness considerations. Please forward your request via the email address [email protected].
2.7. Automated decision-making on the basis of your personal data – Although the situation will be rare, we may make decisions concerning our business relationship with you based on automated processing activities without human intervention. We commit to giving you the opportunity to obtain human intervention in such a decision, express your point of view, and obtain an explanation of the decision. Please send your request regarding automated decision-making via the email address [email protected] .
2.8. Personal data relating to children and minors – We do not knowingly collect or process personal data relating to children and minors under the age of 16 years, unless we are legally obliged to do so. If we become aware that personal data was transferred to us or collected by us relating to children and minors under the age of 16 years without the informed consent of a parent or legal guardian, we will delete such personal data without undue delay on our own initiative Please forward any requests in this respect via the email address [email protected] .
2.9. In the implementation of these data protection rights, GoodDollar is committed to providing a timely and transparent response to your requests. For any questions regarding these rights, please contact us via the email address [email protected] .
3. Why GoodDollar uses your personal data
3.1. GoodDollar uses your personal data to provide the services requested by you and to process your requests and inquiries. Your personal data is also used for the cookies and tracking utilized in the Websites to distinguish you from other users, to improve your use of these interfaces, and to ensure that content in the Websites and other relevant interfaces is presented in the most effective manner for you.
4. The types of personal data we collect and how we use it, including third-party use
4.1. The personal data collected and used by GoodDollar is limited to the data necessary for us to provide you with services we supply in the course of our ongoing activities, while operating under the relevant data protection and other regulatory obligations for each data subject. Access to your data, including physical access, is limited to only those employees of GoodDollar and third parties who have contracted with us and who utilize it exclusively for the purposes outlined below.
4.2. There may be rare circumstances in which we process sensitive personal information, in order to carry out our activities. In such a case, we will only use this information for these purposes and will delete it when the purpose for which the information was collected or processed is terminated, unless there is a legal obligation not to delete this information.
4.3. The personal data collected and processed is both general in nature, (for example, for technical purposes) and, depending on the services you select and utilize, personal data such as your name, contact details, some identifying numbers, the name of your internet provider, your IP address, browser type, system software, and geo-location, as well as the websites you have visited before being transferred to the GoodDollar Websites, including keywords used for searches and the sites from which you have been transferred (e.g., search engine or linked content).
4.4. There may be circumstances in which automatic processing of your personal data may occur. As is true of most organizations operating websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes but is not limited to IP addresses, type of browser, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages, operating systems, a date/time stamp and clickstream data. We may use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Websites, to track users’ movements through them and to gather information about our user base as a whole. We may link this automatically-collected data to personal data for legitimate purposes, such as to detect and prevent fraudulent activity; and other legally-authorized purposes.
4.5. When you receive services from GoodDollar through the Websites and other electronic interfaces, you may also be directed to third-party processors. When we use such third-party processors, we rely on the third-party service provider to process personal data in order to provide certain services; and we contractually require them to comply with the data protection and other laws and regulations applicable to their processing services. Please check the respective service provider’s relevant data protection terms and compliance with applicable laws prior to usage of any such processor’s services. The same applies to any links to and from websites of third-party networks, advertisers and affiliates. Such third-party websites are governed solely by such third parties’ data protection policies: you are advised to be careful and check any such third party’s privacy policies and compliance with laws, prior to supplying them with any of your personal data.
4.6. In order to provide GoodDollar services, we may share some of the data we collect from you with third parties such as vendors and other service providers who are engaged by us or are working with us. This data may also be shared with these parties for analytics purposes, which may require the reproduction and display of your information in an aggregated and anonymized manner that will not in any way identify you.
4.8. This information may be used, among other things, to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Websites and other websites, and better understand your online activity.
4.9. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices if you are in the United States and if you are in the EU, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu/. In other locations, please be in direct touch with us at: [email protected].
4.10. Note this disclosure regarding the use of biometric data by GoodDollar. We may collect a 3D representation of the User’s face collected by the ZoOm Software Services developed by FaceTec, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“FaceTec“), that contains User biometric data and User liveness data(“FaceMap“). This data is only used to verify that the User is not creating multiple profiles or other fraudulent activity with the aim of allowing them access to additional tokens. The FaceMap data is anonymized and encrypted. During the demo phase we will be using a Test API developed by FaceTec which will process and store the information on FaceTec database which is controlled by GoodDollar. FaceTec will not transmit ANY biometric data whatsoever out of this database to FaceTec or its subcontractors. However, GoodDollar may solely at its discretion choose to provide FaceTec with biometric data to improve User authentication with the FaceMap, and to investigate fraud and instances of spoofing. Users will be able to delete the data collected by FaceTec by written request at: [email protected].
If you want to learn more about biometric liveness tests please visit: https://liveness.com/
4.11. GoodDollar may also disclose your data to a third party if we are required to do so by applicable law, court order or governmental regulation; or if such disclosure is otherwise authorized and necessary in support of any criminal or legal investigation or proceeding in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
4.12. We may need to transfer the data submitted by you for the purposes described above to third parties in locations outside the country in which you are physically located, potentially including countries which may not require an adequate level of protection for your personal data compared with that provided in your country. By accepting this Policy, you consent to such data transfer as described in this section.
5. Other uses of your personal data
In addition to the uses identified elsewhere in this Policy, we use the personal data we collect to:
5.1. Send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, mobile device alerts, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our activities;
5.2. Promote use of GoodDollar services to you, and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
5.4. Meet legal requirements.
6. GoodDollar’s protection of your personal data
6.1. We have taken all reasonable, industry-standard technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss, alteration, theft or access by unauthorized third parties.
6.2. We will not sell, share, transfer or use the data we collect from you for purposes other than those purposes stated expressly in this Policy.
6.3. We will delete your personal data where the purpose for which the data was being collected or processed ceases to apply, or if applicable data protection regulations require us to delete such personal data.
6.4. The above notwithstanding, GoodDollar will not be liable or responsible in any way, including financially, for any damage or loss resulting from the improper use or any breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal data.
7. Important note: Use of the GoodDollar Websites by you indicates your acceptance of this Cookies Policy.
8. This Cookies Policy applies to all activities of GoodDollar with respect to the cookies that we collect and store in the course of our activities, including through the Websites and other electronic interfaces with data subjects that we operate.
9. What’s a cookie? A cookie is a small file sent from a website, which is then stored by your web browser. The information in the cookie can be used to recognize your last session with GoodDollar. Cookies cannot install malicious software such as viruses on your device, and they do not store any of your personal data or account information.
11. Where do cookies come from? Cookies originate from two types of sources: 1st -party and 3rd -party. This classification refers to the internet domain that is placing the cookie.
11.1. 3rd- party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the site being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that site this would be a 3rd -party cookie.
11.2. 1st-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time.
13. If you do not opt in to cookies, you may still use the Websites, but your ability to use some features may be limited or unavailable. Many browsers allow a private mode to be activated through which the cookies are always erased after the visit, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive any claim or demand in this regard. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, click <http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/>. If you are located in the European Union click <http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/>.
14. Do Not Track/Privacy Mode is a function that allows users to opt out from being tracked by websites for any purpose, including the use of analytics services, advertising networks and social platforms.
14.1 Notice to California Residents – California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014), entitles California residents to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings.
14.2. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
15. If you have enabled the “do not track” function in your browser, you will not be tracked. This is in addition to your opting-out of data aggregation and analysis for Website statistics.
16. Categories of cookies we use – GoodDollar places a high priority on the security and confidentiality of the information stored in the persistent cookies we use. The categories we use are as follows:
- Performance cookies – These cookies allow publishers to track your behavior as a site visitor, measure site performance, and improve your user experience.
- Functionality cookies – There are different types of cookies in this category, and they are used to customize the site for your personal use using the options you specify, such as your language preference.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies help you track relevant ads for you. They help record your use of these ads, including limits on how often you view them.
DEMO-TEST SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
This Demo -test software license agreement (“Agreement“) is made and entered into as of the subscription date by and between GoodDollar Limited and the GoodDollar Demo -test software Licensee.
LICENSEE OF THE GOODDOLLAR Demo -TEST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CAREFULLY READING THE TERMS OF THIS TRIAL AGREEMENT BEFORE CLICKING “ACCEPT” AND/OR ACCESSING OR USING THE GOODDOLLAR Demo -TEST SOFTWARE. BY CLICKING “ACCEPT” AND/OR ACCESSING OR USING SUCH SOFTWARE, LICENSEE CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE HAS READ AND ACCEPTS THIS AGREEMENT. IN ADDITION, BY REGISTERING FOR THE TRIAL, LICENSEE GRANTS TO GOODDOLLAR PERMISSION TO BE CONTACTED WITH TRIAL INFORMATION AND TO RECEIVE PROMOTIONAL, SALES AND MARKETING EMAILS FROM GOODDOLLAR DURING THE TRIAL PERIOD.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- GoodDollar has developed or licensed all the rights to the GoodDollar Wallet and related software including modifications, enhancements, improvements, updates, additions, derivative works, documentation and related material (the “Software“).
- GoodDollar desires that the Software be tested prior to general release.
- Licensee wishes to serve as a Demo-test user for such Software;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and premises herein contained, the parties hereto agree as follows:
- GoodDollar grants the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited license to use the Software solely for Demo testing and Demo use for the trial period, subject to the term and conditions below.
- The trial period will be for up to six month and no less than 3 month from the 11th of November 2019 (“Trial Period“), unless such Trial Period is for a longer term as specified by GoodDollar. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that, at the end of the Trial Period, Licensee’s access to the Software will be AUTOMATICALLY terminated, with or without notice.
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, AT THE END OF THE TRIAL PERIOD LICENSEE WILL HAVE NO ACCESS TO THE TOKENS. LICENSEE HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIM FOR TOKENS DISTRIBUTED DURING THE PILOT.
- Licensee volunteers to serve as a “Demo tester” for the Software and will notify GoodDollar of all problems and ideas for enhancements which come to Licensee’s attention during the period of this Agreement, and hereby assigns to GoodDollar all right, title and interest to such enhancements and all property rights therein including without limitation all patent, copyright, trade secret, mask work, trademark, moral right or other intellectual property rights.
- Software is prerelease code and is not at the level of performance or compatibility of a final, generally available product offering. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND GOODDOLLAR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND GOODDOLLAR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF THE COURSE OF DEALING OR THE USAGE OF TRADE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. GOODDOLLAR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE, IS OR WILL BE ERROR-FREE, WILL MEET LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS, OR BE TIMELY OR SECURE. LICENSEE WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE OR PASS ON ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ON BEHALF OF GOODDOLAR TO ANY THIRD PARTY. GOODDOLLAR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL GOODDOLLAR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, OF WHATEVER NATURE, AS A RESULT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, OR FOR ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE SOFTWARE, ANY INTERRUPTION, INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, EVEN IF GOODDOLLAR HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- This License Agreement shall be governed, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the England and Wales. Any notice required by this Agreement shall be given by prepaid, first class, certified mail, return receipt requested to above address or such other address as may be given from time to time under the terms of this notice provision.
- This Agreement and the referred documents constitute the entire and only agreement between the parties for Software and all other prior negotiations, representations, agreements, and understandings are superseded hereby. No agreements altering or supplementing the terms hereof may be made except by means of a written document signed by the duly authorized representatives of the parties.
- Licensee shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances in connection with its activities pursuant to this Agreement.
- Failure of GoodDollar to enforce a right under this Agreement shall not act as a waiver of that right or the ability to later assert that right relative to the particular situation involved.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be found by a court to be void, invalid or unenforceable, the same shall be reformed to comply with applicable law or stricken if not so conformable, so as not to affect the validity or enforceability of this Agreement.